3. Start your Bot
ZeoBot requires a few additional pieces of software to run. Any platforms that require additional configuration will be listed below:
- Java 11 JRE (This is usually installed for you, however it is a good idea to have it installed in case your system does not support the version of Java automatically installed)
512 MBof RAM
- At least 500MB of storage space
- An internet connection
- Some form of text editor
4. Open a command prompt in the folder that ZeoBot is located in and run
py -3.10 main.py.
- 1.Install Python 3.10 as the system default. Most Linux distros ship with a different version of Python, so ensure
python3 -Vdisplays Python 3.10 as the version.
2. Install the following packages with your package manager, for example
apt. You will most likely have some already installed.
make ca-certificates build-essential git tar sqlite fontconfig tzdata python3.10-dev gcc g++ libffi-dev
3. Change directory to the folder that ZeoBot is located in and run
python3 main.py. You can additionally use
screen python3 main.pyto run the bot in the background via screen.
- 2.Install macOS Command Line Tools by opening a terminal and entering
- 3.Open a terminal, change directory to the folder that ZeoBot is located in and run
Pterodactyl's TMPFS size has to be expanded. Most hosts automatically do this, however you may need to expand it if you run your own Pterodactyl instance.
- 1.Open your Pterodactyl
config.ymlfile, usually located at
/etc/pterodactyl/config.ymlwith a text editor.
- 2.Find the line
tmpfs_sizeand set it to
- 3.Save your changes and restart
You will also need to change your music port depending on the port allocated to you. To find this, click
Networkat the top of the server page and look for the value above
Port. Open ZeoBot's
settings.ymlfile and find the
music_server. Replace the default value with the allocated port and save your changes.